Okay…simple the course material is teddies and sometimes boring….Jack (and frankly Nancy) made it understandable and able to be endured. I finished and think I am going to do just fine on the sate exam. Thanks Jack, Nancy and your very helpful staff (Ann in particular)
I passed the SC P&C Producer exam on the first try. The class was very helpful in preparing for the exam.
I passed my test the first time!!
Advice for new test takers/students:
– Decide beforehand which method of study you prefer; either the book version (physical/online) first or the video lectures. *This will help your brain stay focused and form the muscle memory earlier on. I can’t stress how important that is because you can throw yourself off if you don’t do it the way your unique brain will absorb the material best.
– Understand that if you study full-time, study in minilessons versus cramming just to get it out of the way! *You can always take the section review quizzes to test yourself on sections but know that those review questions are a bit lengthy (especially for first timers). By knowing when to move forward and when to pause, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favor.
– If you are taking notes, try and write the material in your own words & say the content aloud as you write them. *I personally used giant posterboards to write my terms & definitions. Then as I reviewed them before the State exam, I was able to remember things easier-ly.
– Switch up the learning methods once you’ve finished either the virtual or audio way. *This allows time for you to associate the content in a different way, while not rushing into forgetting everything and trying to relearn at the same time.
– I honestly believe the study time should be around 2 weeks. *This allows you to absorb what you need, while balancing life and having the information fresh enough to test. Don’t procrastinate but by all means, don’t stress yourself out! Remember to have those notes handy for when you go through everything a few last times before the test.
-Lastly, schedule to test in-person (preferably). It was a nightmare trying to do the test at home. They don’t tell you in advance that you can’t have anything on your desk besides one computer only. They don’t allow dual monitors and it weas a pain trying to show my room a million times only to have them arbitrarily come up with new things to check and it was a mess!! Save yourself the trouble of having to have the test revoked due to some impatience and silliness with the online surveillance process. The dispute process is also not worth it because they can refuse to hear your side of the story even though you’re being compliant.
All this to say, trust yourself and Good Luck!!
The class was excellent, I loved it. I passed the state’s test on the first time. Tell Jack that we all have a cousin Eddie. Thanks for everything.
Thank you so much for this Pre Licensing course. I just took my exam and passed the first time. I only received an 80 but I’m still pleased!!!
As a suggestion, please consider adding flash cards to your course.
Jack, you are one funny dude and Nancy must be a wonderful woman to put up with your “stories” !
Passed the GA P&C exam on my first attempt! The material really did prepare me well for the exam. The Test Tips and pointers really helped tremendously. Great investment and not nearly as expensive as other courses. Also, customer service is outstanding! If you need to get licensed and don’t want to break the bank, I highly recommend America’s Professor. That being said, there is still room for improvement regarding the videos, which is why I gave four stars instead of five.
I passed on the first time! The course has a lot of content and for the most part is covered pretty well in the classes. Only tip I would recommend future test takers is pay close attention to the teachers recommendations for test tips and small details within the textbook not just the lectures. Professor Morton kept the classes light hearted and very easy to follow. I always enjoyed watching the videos just wish there were more examples in the practice test of tricky worded questions to challenge you and make you know your content!
I honestly can say that Jack did so good. Explained everything that I needed to know. I might not have passed on my first try, but studied for another week and took it again and passed with flying colors.!! Thank you so much!! Now to continue bettering myself and become a notary as well.!!! Thank you again!!
I think Jack Morton was great! His humor helps a lot. I don’t think anything can prepare you for the test questions. I took the test twice, and I watched the video courses 3-6 times I wrote down every test question including the answers, I read the chapters and I studied the definitions in back of the book.
I knew the material very well. To be honest the way the test questions are written I had my doubts I was going to pass. I got a 69% the first time and a 77% this time.
The course was informative, but I would’ve preferred more visual learning.
AP RESPONSE: Hi Quinten, I just want to verify, you did see the 21+ hour of video lecture in your course? If not, please let us know and we can direct you to the online content.