Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
How to Pass Your South Carolina Insurance Exam
Getting your insurance license can feel like an overwhelming challenge, from figuring out where to take the insurance exam, to determining whether there are any pre-licensing course requirements, to identifying your state’s requirement about fingerprinting.
America’s Professor is here to help. We’re the country’s preferred insurance exam prep provider.
We’ve helped thousands of people launch their careers as insurance sales agents, customer service reps, insurance adjusters, and more. We provide comprehensive online pre-licensing courses to help students prepare for and pass their insurance licensing exam on the first try.
Whether you’re looking to obtain a property and casualty insurance license or you want to expand your career with a life insurance license, here are the three basic steps to getting licensed:
- Prepare: Once you’ve determined which license you want to obtain, your next step is enrolling in a comprehensive pre-licensing course through America’s Professor to prepare for the exam. Whether it’s required in your state or not, our pre-licensing courses provide you with the essential knowledge you’ll need to pass the exam. AP courses include 24/7 access to a suite of online videos for 45 days, with time extensions at no charge if needed; our courses also include a hard copy textbook designed to complement the videos, as well as practice exams, sample questions, and first-class customer support.
- Pass: All 50 states require you to be licensed in order to sell insurance or even discuss insurance transactions. As with all states, South Carolina has its own specific licensing requirements—this is why there is a state-specific portion of the exam in addition to a national portion. America’s Professor will help prepare you for both.
- Apply: Once you pass the exam, you can formally apply for your insurance license, get fingerprinted with IdentoGO (visit: identogo.com/locations/south-carolina) and begin working/selling!
Exams & Scoring
South Carolina offers a range of exams, including a casualty insurance producer exam, an accident and health insurance producer exam, a public adjuster exam, and others.
You must score at least 70 on the exam to pass; as mentioned earlier, each exam consists of two parts: a state-specific section, and a national section. The two scores are not averaged together—you will need a score of 70 on both parts.
For more information about the kinds of questions they put on the South Carolina exam, which test is the toughest, testing center locations, fingerprinting, and application fees, click here.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Licensing Application Fees and Fingerprinting
- Exam Registration: In South Carolina, PSI Exams is the company that administers the insurance licensing exams. Call PSI at 1-800-733-9267 to register. Calling at least 3 days in advance of the date you wish to take the exam will help you ensure you get the test date of your choice.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing centers in South Carolina, as well as testing centers in neighboring states for those who live near a state border. Find a test center near you here.
- Fingerprinting: Once you’ve passed your exam you must schedule an appointment to get fingerprinted with IdentoGO. Go to identogo.com/locations/south-carolina, click on “State Fingerprinting,” then “Schedule a New Appointment.” Choose “DOI Producer Licensing/Renewal” from the drop-down menu, and then choose a fingerprinting center nearest you using your zip code or selecting your region of the state. You can also schedule an appointment by calling (866) 254-2366.
- Licensing Application Fees: The South Carolina Department of Insurance charges a $25 license fee for most license types, and licenses must be renewed annually.
America’s Professor has helped thousands of students just like you pass their exams on the first try. Enroll in a course today, and be on your way to launching or expanding your career in the lucrative insurance industry!