Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Georgia Insurance Licensing Exam.
How to Pass Your Georgia Insurance Exam
First and foremost, you need knowledge—that’s how to pass your Georgia insurance exam. There’s no way around it and no shortcuts—you must study diligently and gain the appropriate knowledge.
You’ve come to the right place! America’s Professor (AP) has decades of experience helping students just like you pass their insurance exam and launch new careers (or expand existing ones) in the thriving insurance industry. Whether you’re going for your property and casualty insurance license or you’re already a licensed agent who wants to sell an additional product, such as life or health insurance, AP can help.
Ultimately, there are 3 main steps to becoming a licensed insurance agent:
- Prepare: Decide which license you want to obtain and enroll in a comprehensive pre-licensing course online through America’s Professor.
- Pass: Each state, including Georgia, has its own licensing requirements, and all 50 states require you to be licensed in order to sell insurance or even discuss insurance transactions. The best way to pass the first time is to prepare with a pre-licensing course through America’s Professor that covers everything you need to know for the state of Georgia.
- Apply: Once you pass the exam, you can formally apply for your insurance license and start working!
Exams & Scoring
Georgia offers 6 different exams (Life, Accident & Sickness, Property, Casualty, Adjuster, and Public Adjuster). All exams require a score of 70 to pass, but note that each exam consists of two parts: a national insurance section, and a state-specific section. You will need a score of 70 on each section—the two scores are not averaged together.
For more information about the number of questions and places where you can take the test, click here.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Fees, & Fingerprinting
- Registration: You must register for the exam by calling Pearson VUE (the testing company) at 1-800-274-0488; it’s a good idea to call at least 3 days in advance of the date you plan to take the exam.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing centers in the state of Georgia and neighboring states where you can take Georgia exams. Call 1-800-274-0488 for up-to-date information about testing center locations.
- Licensing Fees: It will cost $63 to take the exam (each time you take it), you’ll pay a fee for fingerprinting of roughly $51, the Georgia Department of Insurance charges $100 per license type, and there is a $15 for administrative fee for the license application.
- Fingerprinting: Once you set up your text date you must make an appointment to get fingerprinted with Cogent Systems, Inc. (the fingerprinting company), online at https://gacogentid.3m.com/index.htm or by calling 1-888-439-2512. The electronic fingerprint fee is $51.00-$52.75 and typically one takes the test and gets fingerprinted on the same day.