Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Montana Insurance Licensing Exam.
How to Pass Your Montana Insurance Exam
Whether you want to get licensed to sell insurance for the first time or you’re going for an additional license to expand into a new market, America’s Professor gives you everything you need to pass your exam on the first try.
Our Montana pre-licensing insurance courses have been carefully developed by AP’s founder, Jack Morton, who has 30+ years of experience helping students like you with insurance exam prep. Jack makes learning complex insurance concepts and terminology fun by weaving in amusing stories and straightforward examples into the course material. See for yourself—view a demo.
Steps to Getting Licensed
Deciding you want to sell or discuss insurance is just the beginning. Here are the 3 main steps to actually getting your license:
- Prepare: You must know the material inside and out come exam day. There’s no “winging it” when it comes to insurance licensing tests. This is where America’s Professor comes in. Our courses include everything you need to prepare, including a hardcopy textbook that covers everything you might encounter on the exam, 24/7 access to our online suite of streaming videos (45-day subscription, with extensions at no charge, if needed), and our first-class customer service.
- Pass: In Montana, you must be licensed to sell or even discuss insurance with customers. Getting licensed means passing the exam. Passing the exam means getting a score of 75 on both sections of the exam—the national section and the state-specific section. America’s Professor will prepare you for both parts.
- Apply: Once you’ve passed your exam you’ll need to do a couple more things (discussed below), including formally applying for your license. Once you receive it, you can start selling or discussing insurance!
Exams & Scoring
Montana has exams for the 4 main insurance lines as well as several limited insurance lines (see chart below). There are two parts to each exam: a national section and a state-specific section. You need a score of 75 on each part—the two scores are not averaged together.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Fingerprinting, & Licensing Application Fees
- Test Registration: Pearson VUE is the company that administers the insurance licensing exams in Montana. Call the company at 1-800-274-8906 to schedule your exam date; calling at least 3 days in advance will ensure you get the date of your choice.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing center locations in Montana; there’s also one in Spokane Valley, WA, for those who live on the western end of Montana. See the chart on this page for more information about testing center locations and exam frequency at each location.
- Fingerprinting: You must get fingerprinted in Montana as part of the insurance licensing process. Pearson VUE has contracted with MorphoTrust USA™ to provide digital fingerprinting on-site at the Billings, Missoula, Helena, and Spokane testing centers. Visit the MorphoTrust USA website at https://pearsonwest.ibtfingerprint.com/, or call 1-866-761-8069, Monday through Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Pacific Time) to schedule a fingerprint reservation at your Exam Center. You MUST schedule an appointment with Pearson VUE for the insurance examination PRIOR to contacting MorphoTrust USA™ for the fingerprint appointment.
- License Application: Once you’ve passed your exam and had your fingerprints taken, you must officially apply for your license through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR). There is no fee for a producer license in Montana. View any fees you will be assessed and apply for your license on this page. This is the final step in the process. Once you receive your license, you can get to work!