Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Missouri Insurance Licensing Exam.
How to Pass Your Missouri Insurance Exam
America’s Professor has insurance licensing exam prep down to a science. Our comprehensive course material covers everything you need to know to pass your exam. And, the practice test questions on our quizzes are formatted similarly to the questions you’ll see on the exam, so you know what to expect on test day. There’s a reason America’s Professor gets rave reviews from our students—we go above and beyond to make sure you’re armed with the knowledge you need to pass your exam.
Here are the three main steps to getting licensed:
- Prepare: The best way to prepare once you’ve decided which license you plan on obtaining is to enroll in a pre-licensing course through America’s Professor. Our comprehensive courses include 24/7 access to our online videos for 45 days (with additional time at no charge, if needed), a hard copy textbook designed to complement the online videos, plenty of sample questions and practice exams, and exceptional customer support.
- Pass: Each state, including Missouri, has its own licensing requires. Whether you’re studying for your life insurance license exam to become a life insurance sales agent, or you plan on becoming a customer service rep for an insurance company, all 50 states require you to be licensed in order to sell insurance or discuss insurance transactions. Our comprehensive pre-licensing courses can help you prepare for and pass your exam on the first try.
- Apply: Once you pass the exam, you can formally apply for your insurance license and begin working/selling!
Exams & Scoring
Missouri offers several different exams, including a property exam; a casualty exam; a life, accident, & health exam; an exam for surplus lines; public adjuster; and others. All exams require a score of 70 to pass, and each one consists of two parts: a national insurance section, and a state-specific section. You will need a score of 70 on both parts—the two scores are not averaged.
For more information about the requirements for each exam, the number of questions on the different exams, test center locations, and other information, click here.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, & Licensing Application Fees
- Test Registration: Pearson VUE is the testing company that administers the exams in Missouri; you must call them at 1-866-274-4740 to register. It’s best to call at least 3 days in advance of the date you wish to take the exam in order to ensure you get the date and time of your choice.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing locations throughout the state of Missouri. There are also dozens of testing centers in neighboring states for those who live near a state border. See the “How do I sign up to take the Missouri insurance exam and where is it given?” section on this page, or use the Pearson VUE website to find a test center near you.
- Licensing Application Fees: The Missouri Dept. of Insurance charges a $100 license fee for most license types. Licenses must be renewed annually; the renewal fees range from $50-$150.
The comprehensive courses America’s Professor offers have helped thousands of students pass their exams—the first step toward launching a career in the growing field of insurance. Enroll in a course today!