Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Wyoming Insurance Licensing Exam.
Company Specific Courses:
Do we need to add a link? Please let us know!
How to Pass Your Wyoming Insurance Exam
Whether you’re a seasoned insurance agent who wants to get licensed to sell an additional line of insurance, or you’re brand new to the insurance world, America’s Professor (AP) provides you with everything you need to prepare for your insurance licensing exam. Our comprehensive courses have been carefully developed by our founder, Jack Morton, who has decades of experience teaching students like you.
Insurance concepts can be tough to grasp, and insurance terminology can be hard to remember. Jack helps explain these concepts with entertaining stories and straightforward examples to help you remember the information.
There is no getting around learning the material—there are simply no shortcuts when it comes to the insurance licensing exam. AP’s courses provide you with everything you need to pass on the first try.
Steps to Getting Licensed
There are three main steps to getting your license:
- Prepare: We can’t emphasize it enough—people who attempt to take their licensing exam without any preparation have little to no chance of passing. The exam is not based on logic—you need to know the material. AP’s comprehensive courses provide you with all the info you need, and the vast majority of our students pass on the first try. When you enroll in one of our exam prep courses you’ll get instant access to our streaming videos, so you can start learning right away. Your hard copy textbook will follow by mail, and you can call our helpful customer service reps any time with questions.
- Pass: The state of Wyoming (and all states) requires you to be licensed to sell insurance or even discuss insurance transactions, such as policy changes. There are two parts to the exam: a national section and a state-specific section. AP will prepare you for both
- Apply: Once you’ve passed your exam, you can formally apply for your insurance license and begin working once you receive it!
Exams & Scoring
Wyoming offers several different exams (see chart below), including property and casualty separately or together in one exam.
Each exam has two sections: a national section and a state-specific section. You need a score of 70 on both parts—the two scores are not averaged together.
Click here for helpful information on which tests are toughest in Wyoming, where to take the exam, and more.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Licensing Application Fees and Fingerprinting
- Test Registration: Pearson VUE is the company that administers the insurance exams in Wyoming. We recommend calling them at least three days in advance to secure the test date of your choice. The number is: 1-866-936-7786.
- Testing Centers: There are testing centers throughout Wyoming, including centers in Evanston, Casper, and across the border in Idaho and Montana, for those who live near a state border. See the “Where can I take the Wyoming insurance exam?” section on this page to view all testing center locations.
- Licensing Application Fees: Once you’ve passed your exam you can apply for your license online at nipr.com. The license application fee is $100.
- Fingerprinting: once you have submitted your application to the Wyoming licensing department, they will send you a fingerprint packet for the background check.
Check out the reviews section on this page and hear what our Wyoming students have to say about AP!