Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Iowa Insurance Licensing Exam.
How to Pass Your Iowa Insurance Exam
You wouldn’t attempt to take your state’s bar exam or the CPA exam without studying, and you shouldn’t take your insurance licensing exam without studying either!
This is where America’s Professor comes in. Our comprehensive insurance exam prep courses are carefully designed to help you pass the Iowa insurance licensing exam on the first try.
Our courses include everything you need to prepare, including:
- 24/7 access to online video lectures featuring our founder, Professor Jack Morton
- A comprehensive hardcopy textbook
- Plenty of practice exams and sample questions
- Excellent customer service
Whether your goal is to obtain a property & casualty insurance license so you can begin selling products like auto and homeowner’s insurance or you want to move into a new area, such as becoming a public adjustor, America’s Professor will help ensure you’re well prepared for your exam. Here are the three basic steps to getting licensed.
- Prepare: Enroll in a comprehensive pre-licensing course through America’s Professor. It’s easy, fast, and convenient. Once you purchase a course your username and password will be emailed to you within minutes, giving you instant access to our online videos and downloadable PDF materials (textbook will arrive shortly thereafter by mail). Our courses are accessible on Apple and Android devices, so you can view them anytime, anywhere. You have access to our course materials for 45 days, with extensions at no charge if needed. Our courses provide you with the essential information you’ll need to pass your exam.
- Pass: Like all states in the U.S., Iowa requires you to be licensed in order to sell or even discuss insurance, and you must pass an exam to get your license and begin working. The Iowa exam has two parts: a state-specific portion and a national portion—America’s Professor will help you prepare for both.
- Apply: Once you pass the exam you can formally apply for your insurance license and begin working!
Exams & Scoring
Iowa offers several different exams, including property and casualty exams, accident & health or sickness, life, and others (see chart below).
A score of 70 is passing. Note that you must have a score of 70 on both the state-specific section and the national section—the two scores are not averaged together.
America’s Professor has compiled helpful information about the types of questions they put on the Iowa exam (which test students report is the toughest), testing center locations, and more.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, and Licensing Application Fees
- Exam Registration: Pearson Vue is the company that administers the insurance licensing exams in Iowa. Call Pearson Vue at 1-877-540-5825 to register at least 3 days in advance of the date you wish to take the exam to ensure you get your test date of choice.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing centers in Iowa, as well as a testing centers in Omaha, NE for those who live near the state border. Locate a test center near you on this page by clicking on “Find a Test Center.”
- Licensing Application Fees: The Iowa Insurance Division charges a $50 application fee for all license types, and licenses must be renewed annually. You must apply for your license through the National Insurance Producer Registry (NIPR) using the National Insurance Producer Registry online system. Note that NIPR may charge processing fees in addition to the $50 license application fee.
Enroll in an insurance exam prep course through America’s Professor today, and be on your way to launching or expanding your career in the in-demand and lucrative insurance industry. AP has helped thousands of students in our 35-year history, and we look forward to helping you!