Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund. Refunds are not available after the course certificate of completion has been issued.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Washington Insurance Licensing Exam.
How to Pass Your Washington State Insurance Exam
The key to passing your state insurance exam is knowledge. There are simply no shortcuts—you must know the material. This is where America’s Professor comes in. With decades of experience helping thousands of students across the U.S. prepare for their insurance licensing exams, AP has exam prep down to a science.
Washington State differs from most as one must take an approved pre-licensing course and earn a certificate of completion prior to taking the state licensing exam.
Our Unique Approach to Teaching
AP’s founder, Jack Morton, teaches the courses using humorous stories and straightforward examples, to help students make sense of (often dry) insurance terminology and complex in insurance concepts. In short, he makes learning fun! It’s why America’s Professor is one of the most highly rated insurance exam prep providers in the country today; see what our students have to say about AP’s courses.
Steps to Getting Licensed
Here are the three basic steps to getting your insurance license:
- Prepare: Once you’ve decided which license you want to obtain, prepare for the exam by enrolling in a pre-licensing exam prep class through America’s Professor. AP courses include 24/7 access to our “better-than-live” video lectures online for 45 days (with extensions at no charge, if needed), a hard copy textbook, and unbeatable customer service.
- Pass: All states, including Washington, require you to be licensed to sell or discuss insurance. Additionally, each state has its own laws and regulations pertaining to insurance—this is why there are two parts to the exam: a state-specific section and a national section. America’s Professor courses prepare you for both parts. The great majority of our students pass their exam on the first try—a testament to the quality of our courses.
- Apply: Once you’ve passed your state licensing exam, you can formally apply for your insurance license and begin selling/discussing insurance!
Exams & Scoring
The state of Washington offers several different exams, including Life Producer, Property Producer, Casualty Producer, Personal Lines Adjuster, and others (see chart below).
You’ll need a score of 70 on both parts of the exam—the state-specific section, and the national section—to pass. The two scores are not averaged together.
Click here for more information on testing center locations, which tests are toughest, how the tests are administered, and other essential information.
Here is a snapshot of the courses offered in Washington state:
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Fingerprinting, Licensing Application Fees, and Fingerprinting
- Test Registration: PSI Exams is the company that administers the insurance exams in Washington. Call the company at 1-800-733-9267 at least 3 days in advance of the date you wish to take the exam; calling in advance will help ensure you get the date and time of your choice.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing locations throughout the state of Washington, including centers in Arlington, Everett, Seattle, Tacoma, and Yakima. Refer to the “Where can I take the Washington insurance exam?” section of this page to see all test center locations in Washington.
- Fingerprinting: The state of Washington requires residents to have their fingerprints taken through MorphoTrust USA™ to obtain an insurance license; non-residents are not required to have fingerprints taken. You must make a fingerprint reservation no later than one business day prior to your desired exam date either by calling MorphoTrust USA™ at 866-761-8069, or at identogo.com. Read the section “What are the Washington Fingerprinting Requirements?” on this page for more information.
- Licensing Application Fees: The Washington State Office of the Insurance Commissioner charges a license application fee ranging from $25 to $205, depending on license type. View the fees for different license types here.