Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
How to Pass Your Hawaii Insurance Exam
If you’re considering getting your insurance license in the Aloha State, you’ve come to the right place. America’s Professor has decades of experience helping students prepare for their insurance licensing exams—we’ll help you pass your exam faster than you can say humuhumunukunukuāpuaʻa.
AP Makes Learning Fun
There’s no getting around it—you’ll need to know the material to pass your insurance licensing exam. Our courses are designed to provide with all the information you’ll need to pass your exam on the first try.
Even better, our insurance exam prep courses make learning fun. Jack Morton, AP’s founder, has been at this a long time. He incorporates amusing stories and straightforward examples in his courses to help you make sense of complex insurance concepts and terminology.
Steps to Getting Licensed
Here are the three main steps to getting your insurance license:
- Prepare: Decide which license you want to obtain (e.g. Property & Casualty, Life, etc.), and enroll in an exam prep course through America’s Professor. Our courses include 24/7 access to our streaming video courses for 45 days (with extensions at no charge, if needed), a hardcopy textbook that complements the videos, and our world-class customer service.
- Pass: Like all states, Hawaii requires you to be licensed to sell or even discuss insurance. You must pass the state licensing exam to start/expand your insurance career. Hawaii has its own laws and regulations pertaining to insurance products—that’s why there are two sections on the exam: a national section, and a state-specific section. Our courses prepare you for both parts.
- Apply: Once you’ve passed your exam there are a couple more things to do, including getting fingerprinted and formally applying for your license. Once you receive your actual license you can begin selling/discussing insurance!
Exams & Scoring
The state of Hawaii offers several different exams (see chart below). There are two parts to each exam: a national section and a state rules section.
You must pass with a score of 75 on each part—the two scores are not averaged.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Fingerprinting, & Licensing Application Fees
- Test Registration: In Hawaii, Pearson VUE is the company that administers the insurance licensing exams. Call Pearson VUE at 1-800-274-2608 to schedule your exam date; we recommend calling at least 3 days in advance to ensure you get the test date of your choice.
- Testing Centers: There are several testing center locations on the islands, including in Hilo, Honolulu, Lihue, and Kahului; there are also testing centers on the mainland in California and Washington. See the “Where can I take the Hawaii insurance exam?” section of this page to see all testing center locations.
- Fingerprinting: The state of Hawaii requires you to get fingerprinted as part of the insurance licensing process. Call Fieldprint at 877-614-4364 to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
- Licensing Application Fees: You must officially apply for your license through the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA) Insurance Division. There is a license application fee, which varies depending on the type of license. Learn more here.