Our goal is for your educational experience to be a positive one! If you are dissatisfied with your course, please let us know as soon as possible. We will make it right. If you start the course and realize it’s just not for you, let us know and return the materials and we will provide a full refund.
If you are unable to pass the exam within your course subscription time please give us a call at 1-800-870-3130 and we will extend your subscription for free until you pass.
If you fail your exam please send us a copy of your failed exam scores and we will provide study recommendations and support to help get you past your exam.
We are committed to helping our students!
Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions! 1-800-870-3130
Please also check our frequently asked questions about the Texas Insurance Licensing Exam.
How to Pass Your Texas Insurance Exam
Whichever insurance license you’re pursuing, one thing is certain: You’ll need to study diligently and retain the information you learn in order to pass your exam.
This is where America’s Professor comes in. We’ve been helping people prepare for their insurance licensing exams for decades with our comprehensive pre-licensing courses. Our “better-than-live” video lectures are designed to help you make sense of the material. We present real-world scenarios that are interesting and engaging to help you actually retain the information.
There are 3 main steps to getting licensed:
- Prepare: Once you’ve decided which license you’re going for—property & casualty, life, accident & health, etc.—enroll in one of our online pre-licensing courses to help you prepare. Our courses include 24/7 access to our online videos for 45 days (with extensions at no charge, if needed), a hard copy textbook that complements the online videos, plenty of sample questions and practice exams, and world-class customer support.
- Pass: Each state, including Texas, has its own licensing requirements, and all 50 states require you to be licensed to sell insurance or discuss insurance transactions. Taking our comprehensive pre-licensing course and studying up until the day of your exam is the best way to pass your exam the first time.
- Apply: Once you pass the exam, you can formally apply for your insurance license and begin working/selling!
Exams & Scoring
Texas offers several different exams, all of which require a score of 70 to pass. Note that each exam consists of two parts: a national insurance section and a state-specific section. You will need a score of 70 on both parts—the two scores are not averaged.
For more information about which tests are the toughest, test center locations, the number of questions on the different exams, and more, click here.
Exam Registration, Testing Centers, Licensing Application Fees and Fingerprinting
- Test Registration: You must register for the exam by calling Pearson VUE (the testing company) at 1-888-754-7667. Calling at least 3 days in advance of the date you wish to take the exam will help ensure you get the test date and time of your choice.
- Testing Centers: There are many test centers throughout the state of Texas. See the “Where can I take the Texas insurance exam?” section on this page, or use the Pearson VUE website to find a test center near you.
- Licensing Application Fees: The Texas Dept. of Insurance charges $50 per license for General Lines-Property & Casualty or General-Lines, Accident & Health, or $150 for a temporary license.
- Fingerprinting: The Texas Dept. of Insurance requires insurance agents to be fingerprinted. You can schedule an appointment for fingerprinting at identogo.com or by calling 1-888-467-2080. The electronic fingerprint fee is $41.45 (may vary).
Look no further for information and resources on how to pass your insurance exam—America’s Professor is your trusted provider for comprehensive insurance pre-licensing courses!