How to Reduce Anxiety Before an Insurance Agent Exam
Everyone gets nervous before they take a test, especially one that is important to their future as the insurance license exam. Worry not, though – it’s more than possible to beat test anxiety and go into an exam with your confidence high and the knowledge you’ve learned, ready to be called on as needed. If you’re feeling nervous about an upcoming insurance agent exam, just follow the following steps to stop anxiety in its tracks:
- Get some exercise: Physical activity is one of the greatest relievers of stress. Rather than sitting around feeling nervous or worrying that you’ve studied enough, go for a run, hop on a bike, or just take a walk around the neighborhood. Not only does exercise relieve tension, it also releases endorphins and other chemicals in your brain that make you feel happy and relaxed.
- Go to bed early: You may feel like you’ll never be able to fall asleep ahead of a big test, but going to bed at a reasonable time and getting as much sleep as possible is as essential to test preparation as studying. When we don’t get enough sleep, our brains and bodies don’t function at peak capacity. Sleepiness makes us move slower, keeps us from being able to remember things, makes us feel more stressed out, and ruins our mood. None of those are things you want to have happen while you’re taking an important test.
- Remember to eat and drink: Food and drink is what gives our bodies and brains energy. Just like getting a full 8 hours of sleep is essential to proper test preparation, eating a healthy meal and drinking plenty of water before the test is one of the best things you can do to prepare yourself for the rigors of taking a test. Don’t eat too much – big meals make you feel sleepy and sluggish – but definitely don’t skip any pre-test meals, either.
- Think happy thoughts: It may sound reductive, but one of the easiest ways to stop thinking negatively is to think positively instead. If you find yourself stressing out or dwelling on the fear of failure of embarrassment, try to think of things that make you happy (like finally becoming an insurance agent!) instead.
- Think of the test as a game: If you look at a test as a giant roadblock in your way or a dangerous monster out to get you, you’re likely going to become overwhelmed. If, on the other hand, you look at the test as a game – one that you’ve prepared for by studying – things will be much easier. When you look at the test as a game, it eases the pressure you put on yourself to do well, and it might even make taking the test fun.
- Scan the test: When you finally get your hands on the test, take a look at all the questions before you get started. Skimming over the entire test will give you a good idea how to pace yourself, and will help jog your memory and better prepare you for answering upcoming questions.
America’s Professor offers convenient online courses for people studying for the insurance agent exam. Contact us today at 800-870-3130 for details.
|Insurance Licensing Courses||Insurance Practice Exams|