Accident & Health
Accident & Health (Disability) Insurance License: What You Need to Know
Health or disability insurance is also known as accident and health insurance in some states (ex. Missouri, Montana). America’s Professor offers comprehensive pre-licensing courses to help you pass your state exam and become a licensed accident & health insurance agent/producer.
What Is an Accident & Health Insurance License?
This license grants insurance agents the right to sell this particular type of insurance to the public.
Who Is Required to Carry an Accident & Health Insurance License?
Sales agents are required to obtain a license in order to sell insurance policies. Additionally, in many states Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) or other administrators who discuss and/or makes changes to insurance policies may also be required to maintain an insurance license.
What Types of Policies Do Accident & Health Insurance Agents Sell?
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) policies
- Individual health insurance
- Family health insurance
- Disability Income
- Long-Term Care
- Indemnity plans
- Critical Illness plans
- Medicare Supplements
Requirements for an Accident & Health Insurance License
- Research state requirements: Each state has its own standards, so you will need to become familiar with the rules that prevail in your community. You must get a separate license for each state where you will be practicing.
- Pass the state test: The exam requirements vary by state, but generally you can expect anywhere from 50-200 multiple choice questions, and the exam will be timed. You may also be required to pass a background check.
- Get fingerprinted: There is usually a fingerprinting technician on-site where you go to take your exam.
- Apply for the license: If you pass the test, you can apply for your license. It will probably take a few weeks before you receive it.
- Fulfill any continuing education requirements: Your state may require you to take continuing education classes—every two years is typical—or otherwise demonstrate your understanding of current laws and procedures.!
What Steps Must I Take to Maintain My License?
License holders must comply with any Codes of Conduct that prevail in the state where they practice.
How Often Must I Renew the License?
It varies. Every two years is common.
How Do I Study for the Accident and Health Insurance Exam?
Many states require you to take a pre-licensing course to help you prepare for your exam. This is where America’s Professor comes in. Our courses include:
- Detailed video lectures featuring in-depth content to help you prepare for your state’s exam, accessible 24/7
- Free, comprehensive textbook to help you study, shipped to you free
- Hundreds of sample questions and quizzes
- 45-day standard subscription period, with extra time if needed at no charge
America’s Professor is your trusted resource for pre-licensing courses. Enroll in a course today and take the first step toward becoming a licensed accident & health insurance agent!
|Insurance Pre-Licensing Courses||Insurance Practice Exams|